April 2, 2021 at 11:15 am #22584adminKeymaster
Tenth Ward Distilling is a craft distillery, established in 2016, and located in the heart of downtown Frederick, Maryland. The business is locally owned and operated and specializes in a variety of spirits and canned cocktails.
We are proud to be woman-owned. We are located in what used to be the Tenth Ward of Frederick City. Everything we make is non-traditional and unconventional, which is why we live fearlessly by our slogan – #wardoffordinary.
The Head Distiller is responsible for the production of our current core spirits, seasonal and limited releases, and canned cocktails. In addition, the Head Distiller will be tasked with growing our barrel program, shipping program and managing any production staff.
Tenth Ward operates a 1,000L pot still and 1,000 gallon mash tun. We are in the process of purchasing more fermenters to increase our whiskey production and are on track to purchase an additional pot still dedicated just for whiskey in 2022.
This is a full-time position. Expectation is that the distiller is available the full 50 hours to manage and perform operations. Must be available to support occasional evening and weekend events when needed.
Manage the production of spirits including but not limited to: Weekly status updates with owner, brewing, still operation, proofing, bottling & labeling, ordering, reporting and sanitation of equipment and production space.
Compliance: Monthly and quarterly Federal and State excise reporting. Maintaining accurate operation logs.
Management: Hire, train, and manage a growing operations team to meet our increasing demand. The current team includes one assistant distiller and part time packaging staff.
Front of House: Available for specific events to provide knowledge about product, and about company history.
Leading growth of Tenth Ward’s spirits, canned cocktails and barrel and barrel program: Develop budget and production plan that increases growth, implement efficient practices, and create processes and recipes.
Professional Development: Stay up to date with current industry standards and best practices, grow understanding of current industry trends.
• 5 years of experience in the distilling and/or brewing industry
• Proficient in running basic distillation procedures
• Innovation using creativity to build recipes
• Decision making pulling from experience with ability to foster efficiencies
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Familiar with basic troubleshooting for operation equipment
• Capable of developing and maintaining production budget
• Attention to detail supporting product quality controls and brand standard
• Customer service skills and effective communication to support customer engagement and brand promotion
• Experience with stillhouse management software preferred
Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs on a consistent basis, with weight up to 75 lbs occasionally. May involve exposure to cold, hot and humidity. Frequently used equipment is Forklift.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.