- This event has passed.
Spirits of Maryland: Southern MD
February 11, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm$45 – $55
Where the “Right Stuff” meets the “Strong Stuff”!
PLACE: Patuxent River Naval Air Museum & Visitor Center
DATE: Saturday, February 11, 2017
Join the Maryland Distillers Guild at the PAX River Naval Air Museum for an afternoon of Southern Maryland heritage and innovation.
A rare opportunity to taste & purchase Craft Spirits from across the state amidst a grand collection of historic Naval aircrafts. Event will feature full access to the museum, live music & light appetizers.
THE NITTY GRITTY STUFF:
General Admission • $45 ($50 at the gate)
Maryland Spirits Tasting
Pass includes samples from attending distilleries & a signature MDG glass.
VIP Pass • $55 (Not available at gate)
Maryland Spirits Tasting + Exclusive Distiller Chats & Seminars
Pass includes samples from all attending distilleries & a signature MDG glass along with exclusive chats and seminars lead by the distilleries themselves throughout the afternoon!
**Passes are extremely limited!
THE INTERESTING STUFF:
VIP Chats & Seminars
- 3:15-3:45 pm- History of “Rock & Rye”: Lyon Distilling talks about how they’re creating new twists on the classics; developing cocktails in the bottle.
- 4:00-4:30 pm- The in’s and out’s of Vapor infusions: Join McClintock Distilling as they walk you through their latest project: infusing Gin with essential oils from local botanicals.
- 4:45- 5:15 pm- Solera Aging: Some of the world’s most revered rums are aged in the solera style. Learn about this unique aging process from Blackwater Distilling.
- 5:30-6:00 pm- VIP Tastings
VIPs will also enjoy specialty tastings with the distillers including: 5:30-6:00 pm
- Local “Single Malt” made from Ruddy Duck IPA Beer from Tobacco Barn Distilling
- Sample batch from The Baltimore Whiskey Company
- Limited edition from Twin Valley Distillers
- Sneak preview of an upcoming bottling of Blackwater Distilling’s Finishing Barrel Series Whiskey.
THE STRONG STUFF: DISTILLERIES
- Patapsco Distilling Company
- Sagamore Spirit
- Tenth Ward Distilling Company
- The Baltimore Whiskey Company
- Tobacco Barn Distillery
- Twin Valley Distillers
Stay tuned for more details!
THE LOCAL STUFF: HOTEL DEALS, DINING & MORE
St. Mary’s County is a Chesapeake Bay destination brimming with history, outdoor fun, vibrant culture — and passionate people eager to share it all with you. Just a short drive from Washington, D.C., discover the mid-Atlantic’s best kept travel secret, where the Potomac and Chesapeake meet. For everything there is to do in St. Mary’s County, visit: www.VisitStMarysMD.com.
Stay a While: St. Mary’s County has many great name-brand hotels (and other unique lodgings!) for you to choose!
*Special deal for Spirits of Maryland attendees: Special group pricing for this event is available at the Home2Suites by Hilton and Fairfield Inn by Marriott for $89 per night. To take advantage of the this special rate, call the hotel directly at 301-866-1416 and ask for the group code MDG (Maryland Distillery Guild). In order to receive the group discount, rooms must be booked by February 3, 2017.
Dine in Style: St. Mary’s County has dining options that you are sure to love, from seafood and crab houses along the water, to sidewalk bistros in Historic Leonardtown, to local establishments that use farm-fresh ingredients.
Need a Lift?: Southern Maryland Uber
THE TICKET STUFF:
Tickets are transferable, but non-refundable.
Hosted by the Maryland Distillers Guild, in partnership with the St. Mary’s County Chamber of Commerce & St. Mary’s County Tourism.