News from affiliate member, Alice Blayne-Allard: (McHenry, MD) – Free State Cooperage, LLC, a barrel manufacturing venture established in 2016, is being listed for sale, in part or whole, and is currently valued at $345,000. The asking price is $225,000 OBO for the total offering. This enterprise is ready for the right person(s) to take it to the finish line and become operational.
Free State Cooperage is the mid-Atlantic’s first and only custom-crafted American white oak barrel manufacturer for the craft spirits, wine and beer industries. It has been strategically positioned within the market space with solid clients in all three sectors and growing. The cooperage is designed to operate a retail shop, tasting room, and educational center on premise.
The offering includes:
- An award-winning business plan;
- Certified Public Accountant prepared 5-year pro forma with a 10-year pro forma projection;
- Full set architectural drawings by renowned architectural firm SKA Studio;
- Three acres in the McHenry Business Park;
- $150,000 site development grant;
- $45,000 cash award for job creation targets met;
- Various State and County tax credits and incentives;
- Membership in trade associations;
- Website (to be redesigned to new owner’s specifications);
- Established client-base and good will; and
- SBA Qualified
According to the American Craft Spirits Association, the number of active craft distillers in the U.S. grew by 15.5% over the last year to 1,835 in August 2018. There are 215 active distilleries in the mid-Atlantic (MD, VA, DC, PA, DE, WV, NJ) alone. Combined with the significant number of breweries, including the newly opened Guinness Brewing U.S. Operations plant, and wineries, the market is ready for a regional craft cooperage.
Serious inquiries only to email@example.com.