Class 1 and Class 9 distilleries may apply for a Distillery Off-Site Permit (OSP), authorizing certain activities away from the distillery.
The $250/annual OSP allows holders to engage in marketing and sales away from the distillery, including:
- Montgomery Co. Ag. Fair; MD State Ag Fair, Frederick Co. Ag. Fair;
- North Beach Farmers Market;
- Four other farmers markets (each for full season);
- Six other non-alcohol focused events;
- Festivals being held under a NP-LFP.
At these events, a distillery with an OSP may:
- Provide four, ¼-oz samples of its products;
- Sell sealed containers to go (no limit);
- Under NP-LFP only: blend ¼-oz sample with non-alc ingredients.
No sales for consumption at the event (i.e., mixed drinks) are permitted, except under NP-LFP. The distillery must have TIPs/TAM/Best-certified staff at all OSP events.